Our Philosophy, Goals & Objectives
The philosophy of the University is based on:
- The principle that human and social development is rooted in intellectual, ethical and technical formation.
- The conviction that development depends on research and teaching that critically uses the intellectual achievements of the past and the present.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide high standard of learning, research, acquisition of specialized skills and comprehensive training of students empowering them to foster practical application of knowledge and skill to the benefit of humanity;
- To run outstanding and innovative programmes through a curriculum that respects the value of every student and promotes national integration and harmony in a multi-cultural society;
- To promote technical, managerial and professional competence
- To provide education for all persons without distinction of race, creed, gender, political conviction, or physical disability
- To undertake other activities appropriate for teaching, research and community service as expected of a university of high standard.
STRATEGIES FOR ACHIEVING STATED OBJECTIVES
The above goals and objectives will be achieved through the following:
- An inclusive university administration
- User-friendly infrastructure
- Specialized, flexible and innovative academic and professional programmes leading to the award of first degrees, higher degrees and postgraduate research;
- Constant evaluation and improvement of operations and programmes of the University.
PROSPECTS FOR ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT
- The 800-year track record of Dominican involvement in university education in different countries and on different continents.
- The track record of the Dominican Institute and its facilities out of which the Dominican University has grown.