DU Journal of Management And Social Sciences
Dominican Journal of Management and Social Sciences is set up as a publication outlet for quality peer-reviewed articles that will be globally acceptable and accessible. The journal will be published twice a year in the months of June and December every year. Scholars in Management and Social Sciences as well as related fields all over the world are invited to send in their contributions. The journal includes a wide range of fields in its discipline to create a platform for the authors to make their contributions towards the journal. Some of these fields include but not limited to the following: Management, Entrepreneurial Development, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Supply & Logistics Management, Operations Management, International Economics, Financial Economics, International Business, Industrial & Management Optimization, Innovation Policy & the Economy, Total Quality Management (TQM), Value based Management, Mass & Media Communication, Financial Management, Auditing & Investigation, Taxation, Insurance, Banking & Finance and Accounting.
Dominican Journal of Management and Social Sciences provides a platform for a wide range of authors in various disciplines of related fields to make their contributions. The editorial board comprises of professionals from various fields whose sole aim is achieving a thorough peer review process for all manuscripts to achieve quality publishing. The objective is premised on producing a reputable and credible journal that provides a platform for dissemination and expansion of knowledge and maintenance of high quality research output that will be globally acceptable and accessible.
The publication of the maiden edition of the Dominican University Journal of Management and Social Sciences (DUJMSS) is a plausible achievement. It is the result of the diligence, hard work and commitment of members of the editorial board, who came together to push to reality the vision of producing a reputable and credible journal that provides a platform for dissemination and expansion of knowledge.The first edition of Dominican University Journal of Management and Social Sciences (DUJMSS) consist of research, empirical papers, and critical thinking of scholars and practitioners in the field of management and social sciences and related disciplines.
The content of the Journal will be accessible across the globe. This Journal will include both the online and print versions so as to enhance easy open access and facilitate the visibility of our authors. Many papers were received; however, The Editorial board and reviewers ensured that only articles that met the high standard quality, relevance and academic rigor were selected after peer review.
I appreciate the resourcefulness of our editorial board members, reviewers and proof-readers. I was also joyfully overwhelmed by the high response to our call for paper and the diligence of our contributors. We shall ensure consistency and maintain a high quality research output that will be globally acceptable and accessible.
Adelekan Saidi Adedeji, PhD, FME
Dr. Adelekan Saidi Adedeji
Secretary, Editorial Board
Dr. Falayi Rufus O.
Editorial Board Members
Prof. Offor Francis N.
Prof. OkwilagweOshiotse A.
Dr. Kwaghgba Benjamin
Dr. OnyikeIfeanyi E.
Dr. AdedokunAdeniyi J.
Dr. Obialo Felix-Kingsley N.
Dr. Adeyemi Francis
Dr. AjibadeTemiloluwa I.
Dr. Shenge Juliet
Dr. Dele-OladejoOyekunbi O.
Dr. FalanaRanti B.
Dr. Okocha Marry N.
DUJMSS objective is to provide an open access platform for dissemination of research outputs. To achieve the set objectives with utmost standards, each article must comply with the requirements of the journal. Therefore, each author while submitting the research paper must adhere to the following DUJMSS author guidelines.
- All submissions must be original research paper/review article that have not been accepted for publication or undergoing review process in other journal outlets.
- Manuscripts should abide by the ethics of research by avoiding any, and all forms of plagiarism, and ensuring that works used and authors consulted are properly referenced.
- Submitted research paper should show a logical analysis and the study should have significance.
- Articles should be in MS-Word format, Times New Roman font style with 12 point font size and not more than 15 pages.
- All references should be in APA 6th edition format, with maximum of 250 words in the abstract along with five (5) keywords.
Manuscripts should carry a separate title page with the name, institutional affiliation, functional e-mail, telephone number(s) and postal address/code of the author(s).
Dominican Journal of Management and Social Sciences is committed to strict guidelines, standards and international best practice governing quality publication and the roles of all key stakeholders such as authors, editors and reviewers. This is in total compliance to the specifications established by the Committee on Publication Ethics.
Responsibilities of Authors
*It is the responsibility of the author to ensure originality of the manuscripts and ensure that such has never been published or considered for publication.
*Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the submitted manuscript.
*Authors should immediately notify the editors for corrections when they identify significant errors or inadequacy in their submitted manuscripts.
* Authors should ensure that their research conforms to national, local and institutional laws and requirements.
Responsibilities of Editor-in- Chief
- Editors have ultimate responsibility for deciding if a manuscript submitted to DUJMSS should be published. Chief Editors’ decisions to accept or reject a manuscript should be based on the peer-review result and editorial boards’ reviews and articles’ importance.
- Editors must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers and the publisher.
- Editors will not use unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript for their own research without written consent of the author(s).
- Editors should evaluate each manuscript solely on their merit based on its intellectual contents without any discrimination
Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Reviewers should conduct the review objectively and express their views clearly with supporting arguments without attacking personality.
- Reviewers must ensure that the authors have acknowledged all the sources of data used in the research be accompanied by the relevant citation
- Reviewers must note that all information regarding submitted manuscripts are confidential.
- Reviewers should strive to review the manuscripts within the stipulated time.
DUJMSS’s Codes of Ethics on Plagiarism respect intellectual property and originality of all research papers in which one misrepresents ideas, words, computer codes or other creative expression as one’s own, is a clear violation of such ethical principles. Plagiarism manifests itself in a variety of forms, including:
- Verbatim copying or paraphrasing portions of another author’s paper for publication is not acceptable
- Copying elements of another author’s paper, such as equations or illustrations that are not common knowledge, or copying or purposely paraphrasing sentences without citing the source is unacceptable
- Copying of portions of another author’s paper with citing but not clearly differentiating what text has been copied is a violation of intellectual property right
- Plagiarism in any form, at any level, is unacceptable and is considered a serious breach of professional conduct, with potentially severe ethical and legal consequences.
- All authors are deemed to be individually and collectively responsible for the content of papers published by
Dominican Journal of Management and Social Sciences is set up as a publication outlet for quality peer-reviewed articles that will be globally acceptable and accessible.
Authors will benefit the followings;
- Rigorous peer-review of research work
- Wide exposure and global visibility of research
- Broad-based audience in multidisciplinary areas
- Prompt attention and publishing of research
Manuscripts should be submitted as MS-Word attachment by e-mail to: email@example.com
Or through online submission dui.edu.ng/dujmss
Peer Review Charge: N5, 000
Publishing Charge: N15, 000
BANK: GT BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: Dominican University
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0601729554